Assistant to the Director of Worship
● To work with the Session through its Worship and Congregational Care Mission area to provide musical, clerical, and administrative support to the Director of Worship.
● To use their personal gifts and technical skills to ensure the Director of Worship can be more effective and efficient in the successful accomplishment of his leadership and pastoral roles.
● To further the church’s mission and work in interactions with others.
● Hired by Session, through the Worship and Congregational Care Mission Area
● Supervised by the Director of Worship and responsible to the Pastor, as Head of Staff
● Has regular working relationships with the Director of Christian Education, the Audio-Visual technician, the Pastor’s administrative assistant, and volunteers
● This is a stated position until Easter 2019, with a re-assessment in January 2019
● This is a part-time position which works 32 hours per month. The hourly rate will be $16-$20 depending on background and experience.
o 12 hours per month of administrative tasks, 16 hours per month of youth development, and 4 hours per month of leading worship
● The Assistant to the Director will receive two weeks off with pay annually, subject to approval by the Director of Worship and the Head of Staff.
● If for any reason the Assistant to the Director is unable to be present at a rehearsal or service, where the Assistant to the Director is needed, then after consultation with the Director of Worship and the Head of Staff, it is the responsibility of the Assistant to the Director to provide a qualified substitute.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
● Maintain an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
● Live a life compatible with the gospel of Christ and be qualified for leadership in the church.
● Lead and/or support musically for Sunday and Special Services
● Manage team scheduling through Planning Center
● Help prepare for rehearsals — setting up stage, printing charts
● Help create new music charts
● Purchase of musical and nonmusical items as needed
● Prepare and edit various worship related correspondence
● Assist in planning and preparing for special events, guest worship leaders and concerts
● Schedule appointments as needed
● Coordinate travel arrangements and create itineraries as needed
● Answer telephone calls/emails and respond to inquiries from the worship team, church attendees, and general public
● Maintain records and files
● Assist in effectively managing and stewarding ministry oversight budget
● Take thorough notes at meetings
● Assist with any social media needs
● Lead, schedule, prepare and develop youth worship band
● UNIQUE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
o Strong administrative and organizational skills
o Attention to detail
o Proficiency in meeting task deadlines/timeline requirements
o Strong communication skills
o Ability to multitask
● PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING
o Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
o Brings all necessary materials to meetings, events, etc.
o Takes initiative
● LEADERSHIP & RELATIONAL SKILLS
o Demonstrate leadership and good communication with ministry heads, staff, and business contacts.
o Able to direct a band and rehearsals
o Able to manage volunteers
o Visionary and strategic thinker
o Previous experience leading worship
o Strong vocally
o Able to read lead sheets and knows basic music theory
o Excellent keyboard and/or guitar skills
o Excellent stage presence, a public worshipper
o Minimum of 3 years related administrative experience
o Excellent organizational and analytical skills
o Ability to maintain confidentiality
o Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
o Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
o Independent judgment and initiative
o Skilled in the use of operating basic office equipment
o Proficient computer skills (Macintosh knowledge recommended)
EVALUATION: The Assistant to the Director of Worship is hired by Session through the Pastor as Head of Staff. Performance reviews will be accomplished as outlined in church Personnel Policies.
NONDISCRIMINATION and EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Walla Walla Presbyterian Church will recruit, hire, call, train, and promote all persons in all job classifications without regard to race; creed; color; national origin; gender; age; marital status; religious affiliation except, when after careful study, religious affiliation is determined to be a bona fide occupational qualification; or physical, mental or medical disability unrelated to the ability to engage in job-related activities.
Description Available for Download HERE
Application Available for Download HERE